General OS Craziness w/Two machines

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 11 05:29:26 PST 2004

Hi -

I have two machines. With my finances, they'll prolly always be
two years apart. And, unless I can somehow find more time for
system maintenance, likely always an OS or two apart.

For ex., if I buy a new laptop next year, it'll prolly have OS10.3
whereas the desktop has OS10.2. Which means divers small things
won't work between them.

Was thinking if I buy a new laptop I should erase 10.3 and install
10.2 and then make sure the two always move in tandem. But that
seems, well, crazy too.

And I would tend to not upgrade a machine that is working really
well - unless I am getting behind or can't run a new program.

A pain.

What do you all do?

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com