General OS Craziness w/Two machines

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu Feb 12 09:26:45 PST 2004

Brian Silverio <bsilverio at necc.mass.edu> wrote:

> It takes time and money to qualify OS releases on all the hardware platforms.
> This had to be one of the reasons why Apple stopped moving classic forward.
> This allowed them to stop developing and testing OS9 drivers

Whoa!  Are you saying that some new Macs, the G5s maybe, do not run Classic?
Won't any machine running Panther run Classic?  What about the next versions
of OS X?

I am just not getting ready to put Panther on my QuickSilver G4 and will be
using Classic mode for at least a few years.

Thanks,

--
Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,