[G4] Panther

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Feb 12 17:01:14 PST 2004

On 02/12/04, "Bill Lyon" <lyonw at snycorva.cortland.edu> wrote:

> I have a G4 with 9.2.2 and want to upgrade to Panther.  I also want to
> add another hard drive. Which HD is recommended to add for video?
> There is one which was installed when I purchased the G4 in 2001 and I
> think another slot is available.

Adding another HD to a G4 is a snap. The info is in the Setting up your
PowerMac G4 manual. You can get it at
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=50018>. I prefer Hitachi
(was IBM) deskstars. You can get the Hitachi (IBM) 120GB DeskStar 180GXP
07N9214 UATA100 - Bare Hard Drive  for $92.00 at Fry's (online at
<http://www.outpost.com/>).

If you're going to Panther, you should really max out the RAM. 512 MB
modules run about $90.