[G4] Panther

Philip J. Robar philip.robar at myrealbox.com
Fri Feb 13 10:15:59 PST 2004

John Baltutis wrote:

> On 02/12/04, "Bill Lyon" <lyonw at snycorva.cortland.edu> wrote:
>
>>I have a G4 with 9.2.2 and want to upgrade to Panther.  I also want to
>>add another hard drive. Which HD is recommended to add for video? ...

As others have stated any modern 7200 RPM drive should do. Depending on
which G4 you have you may be limited to a maximum of 120GBs though.

> I prefer Hitachi (was IBM) deskstars. ...

Last time I checked the Hitachi's were the fastest 7200 drives
available. However, current Western Digital and Maxtor are close enough
that you probably won't notice the difference and they are often much
less expensive if you don't mind dealing with rebates. See
http://www.storagereview.com for more info.

http://www.dealmac.com or http://www.dealpc.com are good places to check
  for current deals.

Phil