[G4] Panther

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Fri Feb 13 14:53:46 PST 2004

On Friday, February 13, 2004, at 05:24  PM, Daniel Brieck wrote:

> Jim,
> Are you sure that the hard drive is putting itself to sleep and not
> your computers energy saver settings?

In this case quite sure. Energy saver setting are all "Never". But if I
were using this IBM as a capture scratch drive, it worked well enough
but if I went to get a cup of joe and then came back to the desk. when
I pressed the play button (of a clip already in the viewer for
instance) there would be a beep and a short delay while it got itself
together. I have since moved this drive to being a deep storage unit
and extra boot, and it's happy and works well, But my capture drive is
a Seagate barracuda and it responds faster.
Jim