[G4] Combo Drive for G4 400

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Sat Feb 14 11:55:35 PST 2004

On Saturday, Feb 14, 2004, at 13:33 Canada/Eastern, Carol wrote:

> Does anyone have a G4 with the combo drive instead of a superdrive?
> What brand is it?

Whatever brand you buy, keep in mind that you should confirm first
whether your G4 can boot from it or not; otherwise,
installing/upgrading your system software may not be so simple.

I such instance, I'd first call used Mac stores in my area (or try
e-bay) -- a used Apple combo drive will definitely do the trick. Of
course, other drives may do just as well, but you must make sure before
your buy -- or make sure you can return it.