Preparing to migrate to G4 MDD

Steven steven at sifre.nl
Sat Feb 21 10:04:48 PST 2004

Hello all,
I'm new to this list and soon I will be new to using a G4 Mac.
I ordered a G4 Dual 1.25GHz Mac which will arrive in a week or two.

I have a couple of questions while anticipating the migration.
My old Mac has a SCSI drive that contains my user directory.
I have to move this to the new G4. I was thinking of installing the
drive into the G4. The question I have is does the SCSI card (Adaptec
2940U2B) of the old mac work in the new one? The card originally came
from a Blue & White I believe. Is it safe to just try it? Do Blue and
White and G4 MDD Macs have the same kind of PCI slots?

My other question is about the harddrive in the new Mac. It is 80 Gig
ATA drive. I'm thinking of adding a second drive of the same make and
model to make a faster RAID volume. Anybody know what brand/type drive
Apple fits in these Macs? Any chance of buying the same drive seperately
in the market? Thanks,

Steven

steven at sifre.nl