G4 acting up

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Mon Feb 23 17:01:14 PST 2004

I have just begun to have some weird issues with my G4/400.  It
started with my display settings getting lost when I start it up.
Today, the whole display profile that I set up  was gone as well as
the monitor that I use.  It wasn't listed in the display preferences.
Also, the Pioneer DVD burner that I installed last week has been
inconsistent ejecting CD's.  When I push the eject button on the
keyboard, the cd is unmounted from the desktop, but the DVD rom
doesn't spit it out.  When that happens, I can check it in the device
manager and it shows up as not being supported for burning.  I can
restart it and get it to work.  It even shows up as fully supported.
Any thoughts?

Thanks

Kevin

P.S. I am running OS 9.2.8.