[G4] G4 AGP Memory Limits

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Thu Jan 1 09:33:58 PST 2004

Mac OS 0 was limited to 1.5 GB of RAM, but OS X removed those limits.
Your machine should be capable of addressing 2 GB of RAM (4 512 MB RAM
sticks). Apple Knowledge Base
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58434 says 1.5 GB, but
it also says each application was limited to 999 MB of RAM, which is an
OS 9 limitation, since OS X does dynamic program memory allocation.
Mel

"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are
still rolling."
  ~ Mark Twain