[G4] 733mhz G4 Loudish Fan

John Wilson wilsonjohn at mac.com
Sun Jan 4 15:09:10 PST 2004

Hi Charles. I also had some problems getting Apple to replace the
Philips combo drive when I had a MDD 867, which was still under
warranty. They wanted me to take it to a Compusa service center where
the techs said they would need about 4 weeks to get to my computer. No
way. I finally convinced Apple I could replace it myself but they would
only send a replacement and a prepaid box for the old, broken drive
after I gave 'em my Visa number. But they did send the drive and box
and it cost me nothing. The test for proving the drive didn't work was
that it wouldn't boot with the Apple Hardware Test disk. BE PERSISTENT!
John