[G4] AAC car stereo and mp3

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Mon Jan 5 17:16:26 PST 2004

no, both the philips player and itunes support one version of mpeg-4
audio (aka aac) -low comlexity. if you test a little bit, QT and itunes
will recognize m4a, mp4, m4p, aac because the extensions dont alter the
encoding of the file, it just has to do with the wrapper.

aside from the copy protection on itunes music store aac files, apple
is licensing the fully compliant aac/mpeg-4 audio codec for itunes aac
support. any player/encoder quoting to offer the aac/mp4 compliance is
licensing the same thing as apple. (thus the reason it is called a
standard)

to make itunes encoded files work, simply change the file extension to
.aac

sandor