Using an appletalk printer on an ethernet network with Panther

JW Holmes vze2q3s9 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 11 17:31:29 PST 2004

Greetings,

I have a Mac G4 450(AGP) with 768MB RAM running Panther 10.3.2. I am
trying to run an apple laserwriter select 360 via a localtalk bridge on
an ethernet network. I currently have an ethernet hub. The mac is
connected to the hub, from the hub there are connections to the
localtalk bridge and also a dsl modem. I have set up PPoe in my network
connections. I opened a new network an turned on appletalk. The problem
is that I don't seem to be able to use the dsl modem and connect to the
internet without disabling the appletalk connection.  Also, if i want
to print I have to disable the PPoe and enable the appletalk
connection. I don't know how but when I was running Jaguar, I had them
both enabled and I was able to do either without having to change
anything using the exact same cables and setup. can someone tell em
what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
JW