G4 newbie, migration Qs

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 19 07:30:29 PST 2004

Well, IMO it is easier to lose the SCSI devices and carry on with
Firewire and USB devices -such as scanners and external HDs.  Your HDs
would be ATA instead of SCSI.

Of course you can put a SCSI card in and use that stuff but UMAX
drivers are non-existent for OSX (any flavour) and ATA HDs are like a
buck a gig.

Good luck.  The leap can be daunting but the performance on G4 makes up
for it and the OS is so much better.  Bit confusing though.  All your
little tricks will cease to function.

Last tip - keep your old computer up and running with your new one for
a bit - at least till you are comfortable and fully functional.
(scanner/printer/etc.)

jj