Disappearing Files

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 17:52:16 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm having very strange behavior on my Mac.

Evidently I made a copy of the alias for my main documents folder
(I call this "Desk Drawer" and the reason not to use the Documents
folder in OSX is so I can find it if I have to go back to OS9).

I can't seem to delete the alias. It says it is owned by root. I have
tried to change the ownership from System to Annekell (me) but
no go. I dropped it onto DropObliter and nothing happens.

Well, except that now most of the original files are disappearing
from the folder "Desk Drawer" and this is not good, as all my
document files are in there.

Not too big a problem, as I have backups, but still!!!

What's happening?

Many thanks if anyone knows.

No, I haven't made any adjustments to my computer as of late.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com