[G4] Dantz Retrospect

Snoke Jay S NPRI SnokeJS at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Wed Jan 21 09:38:10 PST 2004

oh, for crying out loud, Alex...
Joe simply stated that for the various levels of users that read these threads, some might find it easier than others and that the response might have been a bit snotty - I don't think he or anyone meant/read it as a personal affront.  I read your response as an experienced user being a little less than gratuitous to those who don't have the same experience level as you.  We all need one another on this list.  We all have varying levels of experience WRT our usage of Macs and the OS variations that exist, as well as the applications and utilities that are available.  This list is here so we can HELP one another, not slash and burn those who don't understand what might be simple instructions to others, whether it's for unfamiliarity with the OS, the Mac itself, or an application provider's dictionary of terms.  it's really easy to sit back and say, RTFM - but comprehension is going to depend on one's level of experience.  I see this list as an easy forum to get help on things that
don't make sense - not as a forum to criticize the inexperience of others.  but then again, YMMV. ;o)