[G4] Help! Dead built in ethernet on G4 450DP?

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Thu Jan 22 19:50:52 PST 2004

what version of IORegistryExplorer is your? mine is 1.2.0... on the
left hand side is a list of "service planes" that is where i first
selected IODeviceTree, without selecting a service plane, i believe it
defaults to IOService, which i believe is all the software side of
things (following that, i got basically the same listings as you)

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=945264    $10.99
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?
product_code=301595&pfp=srch1  same thing, chumpusa $19.99
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=33-127
-102&catalog=27&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1
and $13 at newegg

<sigh> yeah, it does suck that it isnt as easy to go out and buy
hardware... =/  (or pay an arm and a leg for comparable cards -video,
lan, USB/FW, etc...)

sandor