[G4] Help! Dead built in ethernet on G4 450DP?

k s d ksd003 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 05:51:33 PST 2004

Hi Erik, I remember when 10.2.8 came out there were people reporting
problems, so I waited..
I think the second release by Apple was on 10/3 and I used Software update
to download it
on 10/7... I'm still thinking it could be the problem. Sorry to hear you had
so many to deal with.
I found some discussions on MacNN that refers to replacing the
AppleGMACEthernet.kext in the
System/Library/Extensions folder from 10.2.8 with 10.2.6's .kext file.. Is
this the file you're
refering to? Someone there had a link to it and I downloaded it. I'll have a
chance tonight to
see if it works - That is if it's the patch you're talking about.
Weekdays are really hard for me becasue of time constraints and this one has
really messed up
my schedule for jobs that I'm working on... If I can't figure it out this
weekend, I'll have to try
a PCI ethernet card. I just really hate to add-on anything that's not
needed... ever since
I installed the Sonnet Tempo Ata133 card, I get Kernal Panics (but not
often).. where the
screen dims and tells you to restart the computer in 6 languages (or
whatever).

Ok.. I'm off to Amazon to buy the Linksys router before finally getting
started here at work..

Thanks to everyone who've contributed and continue to help to find a
solution here...
-Kevin