[G4] RESOLVED! Dead built in ethernet on G4 450DP?

k s d ksd003 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 16:24:10 PST 2004

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!
Word can not express the joy that I now feel!

Installing the fresh OS did the trick, so I'm assuming that it's the
AppleGMACEthernet.kext file.
What's strange is that it took 3 1/2 months to show up... and I haven't
installed any new programs
or done anything that I know of that would trigger it. Oh well... only 3
days of my life wasted, but
at least I know that I don't have faulty hardware... A couple of my PC user
friends heckled me
becasue I'm always touting that Mac's I've owned never have hardware
problems like their PC's
have. (Although I don't tell them of the 15" Apple MultiScan monitor that
turned yellow after 1 year
of use back in '96).. Now I can tell them that it's only Apple releasing
faulty software.

Anyway, a sincere thank you to everyone who helped!
-Kevin