[G4] video card?

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Jan 24 06:23:03 PST 2004

     iwanabee wrote:

>A friend of mine bought a  Apple Studio monitor flat panel (ADC) but he
>can't use it on his Power Mac G4 AGP Graphics. Is it possible to swap
>out the video card and replace it with one that will run the ADC
>monitor? If that's a yes, what kind of card should they get?

     The Rage 128 card with which the system comes includes a DVI
video port, so all your friend needs is an Apple DVI  to ADC adapter:

	http://www.apple.com/displays/adapter.html ,

$99 at the Apple Store online. The Dr. Bott DVIator,

	http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?code=0111-DVAD ,

$94.95 from Dr. Bott is similar, but it doesn't work with the 17-inch
Studio Display, which is evidently what your friend has.

     Alternately, of course, your friend could go with an AGP video
card with more VRAM than the Rage.

						Joe Gurman
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                             - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA