Can't Shut Down

Richard Kriss kriss at qsl.net
Sat Jan 24 07:34:31 PST 2004

On 1/23/04 2:41 PM, "Power Macintosh G4 List" <G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
wrote:

> From: "Anthony, Jason" <jason.anthony at timberline.com>
>
> When I choose "shut down", it restarts rather than shutting down. It sleeps
> just fine, but if I want to shut it down I have to hold down the power
> button on the case.

I used to have the same problem and it was fixed when I updates to one of
the 10. 2 revisions. I am now running 10.3.2 with no problems.

There are some Mac OS-9 Shut Down Control Panels that used to work. If all
else fails, pull the power plug -that will shut it down.

Someone posted an issue with a USB adapter. Good suggestion to remove things
from the USB port to see what may be causing the problem.  I had trouble one
time with a wimpy USB to Serial adapter that caused all kinds of weird
problems.

Dick