Pioneer 107 and DVD media question

csean at poc.it csean at poc.it
Sat Jan 31 01:42:47 PST 2004

Found the Pioneer 107 online (here in Italy) at E125 (125 euro/euros), which
is even less than most places are selling the 106 version for. When I read
at the xlr8 site that Patchburn II made the 107 compatible with iTunes, I
ordered the 107 in a second. Specs are super: 8x DVD-R and DVD+R, 4x DVD-RW,
24x CD-R and 24x CD-RW. Am going to put it in my G4/1Gh upgraded Sawtooth.

Just wanted to ask re. DVD media: can you burn copies of DVD movies on
DVD-RW media? Do they play okay on compatible home DVD players?

We've got a ton of DVDs for the kids, who have already managed to ruin a
couple, so I wanted to make backups (of our legally owned discs): ideally on
DVD-RW, so that we could also reuse the disc in future.

I've read that in OS X you cane use DVDBackup to copy a DVD video to the
hard disc, then compress it to fit on a DVD-R/W using DVD2oneX, then burn it
using Toast Titanium 5 (I don't have 6). Can anyone confirm that this works?

Also wanted to ask if it's possible to use the internal Pioneer 107 with an
external firewire Combo CDRW/DVD and Toast 5 to make a "direct" copy of a
DVD?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,

Chris