Mass storage problem

hachapitees at lightspeed.net hachapitees at lightspeed.net
Sun Jul 11 11:15:36 PDT 2004

I help a friend with his 2 Macs, but this one stumped me.
He hooked up a external hard drive (USB) to his desktop G4 to copy
some files over to his G4 laptop.  The drive shows up fine on the G4
desktop, which is running 9.04.  When we hooked it up to the
Powerbook, which is running 9.1, the disk is a no show.
I tried to install the Apple 1.3.5 Mass Storage extension, but it said it
wasn't needed on this machine.  The drive is an AcomData, and we
installed the software that came with it on the Powerbook, but still no
go.  What gives?

anothe scott