AppleCare

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Tue Jul 20 07:16:34 PDT 2004

Jerry Bunn <jbunn at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm curious about what everyone thinks about the worth of AppleCare.
> Is it worth the extra $249 for the three year protection?  How many
> have gotten anything out of it during the 2nd and 3rd years, after the
> regular warranty expires.

We've had an LC, refurbished Performa 6116, Performa 6300, Powerbook G3
Lombard, and QuickSilver G4/733.

No AppleCare.  Only one problem with loss of red color on the 6300's 15 inch
monitor for which Apple did a free repair under an unannounced warrantee in
the third or fourth year.

But if you are going to bounce a PowerBook off the floor, get the AppleCare.

--
Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,