[G4] (no subject)

Robar J Philip philip.robar at myrealbox.com
Sun Jul 25 13:20:28 PDT 2004

On Jul 25, 2004, at 5:36 AM, Brian Conner wrote:

> Phil,
>
> Actually ATA6 is the correct answer.
>
> http://www.allensmith.net/Storage/HDDlimit/ATA.htm
>
> ATA100 is a different matter altogether, and doesn't determine how
> large a
> disk is recognized.
>

> Brian Conner

Oops. I got my ATAs and Ultras confused. I meant to say Ultra 100,
which would still would have been wrong. What I should have said, as
you pointed out, was ATA 6 - which is the official name of the
standard. But, Allen should be on the look out for Ultra 133 marketing
speak on the box if he goes for a new controller.

Also I just noticed that I mixed up my attributions in my reply. Sorry
about that.

Phil