[G4] (no subject)

Brian Conner brianconner at vision-video.com
Sun Jul 25 13:25:44 PDT 2004

No problem. Thanks Phil.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Power Macintosh G4 List [mailto:G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com] On
Behalf Of Robar J Philip
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 3:20 PM
To: Power Macintosh G4 List
Subject: Re: [G4] (no subject)

On Jul 25, 2004, at 5:36 AM, Brian Conner wrote:

> Phil,
>
> Actually ATA6 is the correct answer.
>
> http://www.allensmith.net/Storage/HDDlimit/ATA.htm
>
> ATA100 is a different matter altogether, and doesn't determine how
> large a disk is recognized.
>

> Brian Conner

Oops. I got my ATAs and Ultras confused. I meant to say Ultra 100,
which would still would have been wrong. What I should have said, as
you pointed out, was ATA 6 - which is the official name of the
standard. But, Allen should be on the look out for Ultra 133 marketing
speak on the box if he goes for a new controller.

Also I just noticed that I mixed up my attributions in my reply. Sorry
about that.

Phil

----------
G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.
FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/G4.html>.
Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest.

XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>

Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras |
--Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |

OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s -
http://www.osxfaq.com