Got Lucky on G4 USB-PCI card repair

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 26 10:24:49 PDT 2004

This may be a dupe posting. I tied to send it when I was unsubscribed to
stop the flood of digests.  Anyway here goes again

----------------------
I have been having trouble with USB ports for weeks and the Keyspan USB PCI
card finally crapped out.  Neither of the two port would work and were not
being recognized by the System Profiler.

Before going to CompUSA to purchase a new Belkin, I pulled the Keyspan USB
PCI card and cleaned the contacts with a pencil eraser.  Installed the card
and it lives! For once I managed to fix something rather than screwing it
up.

It seems to be working good and even picky devices, like the iMic, are now
very happy wth the two fresh USB ports.

I hope this helps someone experiencing USB weirdness!

Dick