[G4] Failing HD (was: Me, too)

Nicolas Kinnan nasw at pcmagic.net
Wed Jul 28 01:28:26 PDT 2004

Thanks for the tip, it's what I figured.  The problem is that many
things are written to what must be the bad spots on the disk, so when I
do try to copy them to other media (CD-R or my video drive), it causes
the same thing -- a crash and then failure of the operation.  I know
it's my own damn fault for filling my HD up to 99% of its capacity, but
I only recently learned that one should not do that.  Would Norton or
Diskwarrior help me repair the damaged files so I could do a transfer?
This only started happening after I updated to 9.2.2 a couple of years
ago and used to only be a problem while booting into OS9 or Classic...
But now it's spreading.

N.