[G4] G4 Door Bell sound Keyboard command

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed Jun 2 12:21:54 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, June 1, 2004, at 10:01  PM, Daniel Brieck Jr. wrote:

> This is very weird if i hold down continuously the option and Apple
> key then press the C key it makes weird chime sound and then
> immediately following when the keys are released the computer plays
> the System alert sound chosen in the system preferences. In my case
> "funk".

Well, my Gigabit Ethernet G4 makes no sound when I do this.

I tried to duplicate the event by changing the alert sound and hitting
the keys. As long as I have the Sound Preferences open, the alert sound
makes the selected noise when I hit the keys.

As soon as I make the desktop the active program, the alert sound does
not make any noise when I hit those keys.

This makes me think that I don't know what is happening well enough to
explain what is happening. Anybody else have other ideas?

800MHz G4 Gigabit Ethernet, OS 10.3.4, 1Gb SDRAM