[G4] G4 second drive "unsupported"

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Thu Jun 3 04:48:14 PDT 2004

ATAPI started as a specific formulation of ATA for EIDE CD-ROM and tape
drives. ATAPI allowed CD_ROMs and Hard disks to coexist on the same
bus.

Now, i have no clue what the difference is. as far as i know apple
still uses atapi optical drives, and it seems that there are some (but
few) atapi hard drives (the vast majority are ata or ultra ata) so
perhaps apple supports atapi optical drives, but not atapi hard drives.

sandor