[G4] Networking & OS X v10.3.4

Jim Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 3 23:19:29 PDT 2004

Having administrative access is not necessary to get access to the
internet.  However, I believe that OS X uses individual profiles to
load the internet settings.  I.e., just because he set up the primary
account holder on the machine does not mean everyone is in luck.

He should check the settings in System Prefs->Network and make sure the
settings for Ethernet are correct and that Ethernet is enabled.  It is
also possible if the machine is getting its addressing info via DHCP
that the other users are not set up to configure via DHCP and that he
simply needs to change that selection from Manual (or whatnot) to DHCP.

If he did that and still can't get access to anything write again.