[G4] Font (X.3.4 + Word)

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Sun Jun 6 07:09:24 PDT 2004

On Sunday, Jun 6, 2004, at 02:36 Canada/Eastern, Alain wrote:

>  [...] Several days ago he reformated his hard drive (iMac 17'') and
> installed a fresh version of OS X.3 [...] Now New-York font doesn't
> appear in Word. [...] I'm unable to explain him how to install
> New-York font. It seems to me it's built-in OS X.

The venerable New York is not "built-in" in OS X, but it is distributed
with Mac OS 9. In OS X it is available through Classic (the emulator
which allows Mac OS 9 apps to run under Mac OS X). He either hasn't
installed Mac OS 9 or hasn't designated a Mac OS 9 System Folder to be
used by Classic. Once he does so, fonts in that System Folder will
become available to OS X applications.

<0x0192>