[G4] Integratng with home stereo

Roger Harris roger at rogerdharris.com
Wed Jun 9 04:12:05 PDT 2004

I don't have exotic stereo setup; but it is probably barely above
average. Fairly good Sony reciever and the spearkers are in wood
cabnets. The sound quality is good from the mac. My files are all AIFF
straight from my CDs to iTunes; I don't have any MP3s. I have a 6 CD
player in the stereo I run the Mac to but I never use the CD player
anymore; For at last two years.

My active iTunes is 650 songs at 13gig. I have about twice that or more
but I didn't bother to put it in iTunes because I don't listen to them.
I will definitly be using Apples losless.

It doesn't cost much to try it this way. Sound quality is very
subjective but I think most people will find this setup with Mac's built
in sound is just fine; but you are really using your stereo. Many of my
friends are long time musicians and they generaly like my setup.
Remember; It is running through the stereo and the stereo delivers the
sound. The Mac is acting like a tape deck or CD deck. The Mac port works
fine. A sound card would be a waste because; Again, you are using the
stereo.

Roger