[G4] Liquid Cooled new g5 2.5 ghz

Bruce Pillman bpillman at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jun 9 16:14:09 PDT 2004

We're really talking about three heat exchangers running at the same
time. Two heat exchangers are from the chips to the fluid, the other is
from the fluid to the air. I know that's stating the obvious, but the
key is: how much temperature differential there is between the two
processors depends (among other things) on the rate of the fluid flow.
If they move the fluid really fast, then the two processors are at
nearly the same temperature. If the fluid moves as slow as a lava lamp,
then the 2nd processor toasts up :)

You *could* arrange to have the plumbing done in parallel, but as noted
in the car engine example, that gets to be a real hassle to design and
implement.

Cheers,
Bruce Pillman