[G4] Integratng with home stereo

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Thu Jun 10 12:57:36 PDT 2004

On Thursday, June 10, 2004, at 03:25  PM, zhmmy harper wrote:

> in the right circumstances, the normal human ear can even tell the
> difference between the original CD and a CD-R copy.

I wouldn't bet on that one. I would have to try it and see.

> I'm just talking about the normal frequency range of the human ear not
> being able to hear ultra lows and highs.  You do "feel" the bounce of
> the amplified subwoofers in the drivebys but that isn't "quality".
> The old analog LPs (if by reputable companies) actually sounded better
> in quality than digital CDs.  Digitalizing sacrifices quality for the
> benefit of being able to manipulate audio.

No  no no. Digitizing, limits the frequency range to rid us of surface
noise. Good riddance. What you think you are missing is MASTERING and
the RIAA curve applied to all Phonograph records to make up for their
mechanical limitations. In other words it pumped the bass and low mids
with the phono preamp because if you really printed that stuff the
needle would jump out of the groove. A good preamp or EQ can bring the
life back.
any highs over 20k would have to be addressed as "air" or
psychoacoustic phenomena and actually can be dismissed. 48k brings back
some "air".

> I'm sure that will bring a few negative responses.
I'm not negative>

> I do have a question about iTunes.  Why do I get "unnamed" folders in
> my library with two of every song?

oooh I don't know. That s%%ks.