Griffin iMic

Harold Polk hpolk1 at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 10 19:05:50 PDT 2004

On Jun 10, 2004, at 12:59 PM, Power Macintosh G4 List wrote:
> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:35:35 -0500
> Subject: Griffin iMic
> From: Richard Kriss <kriss at qsl.net>
>
> The new Apple store grand opening in Austin is Saturday morning and I
> am
> planning to pickup a Griffin iMic to use with my G4-450 AGP to support
> digital ham radio applications for RTTY and Psk31.
> Any comments good or bad on the iMic will be appreciated
> Dick, aa5vu

Dick, I am using a iMic on my G4 MDD Dual and it is the only way I can
get audio into the machine without a lot of other electronics connected
to the line level input jack.  I use it for EchoMac with a cheap head
set and mic, and it works just fine.  Made many contacts through it.
Just be careful with the input levels, you can really overdrive the
system, well I can here anyway.

Harold
N3HP