[G4] new hard drive issue

Keith Whaley keith_w at dslextreme.com
Fri Jun 11 02:00:46 PDT 2004

Slightly different flavor of hard drive question, but I do need an answer...

I have a 2002 Power Mac G4 tower, OS 10.2.8, 80 GB H.D.

For backup purposes, I still need something to receive the data -- like
another H.D.
Since I only have something like 6 GB of total data on the existing H.D.
and the likelihood of ever surpassing even 10 GB is very slim, is it
feasible to back up what content/data I do have on a 20 or 40 or 60 GB H.D.?
Or must the receiving H.D. be at least as big as the drive being backed up?

I don't particularly care about the cost of the new B.U. H.D., but if I
need to look for a H.D. that has at least as large as 80 GB, I need to
know that going in...

Thanks for any help,

keith whaley