[G4] Integratng with home stereo

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sun Jun 13 09:35:56 PDT 2004

On Sunday, June 13, 2004, at 09:30  AM, Alex wrote:

> On Saturday, Jun 12, 2004, at 11:58 Canada/Eastern, James Asherman
> wrote:
>
>>  [...] Obviously mine IS bigger than yours and yours appears hard for
>> no reason. [...]
>
> Very nice, dear. Now, run along, the grownups have something to talk
> about.
>
> <0x0192>

Why use cdparanoia?
All CDROM drives are not created equal. You'll need cdparanoia if yours
is a little less equal than others-- or maybe you just keep your CD
collection in a box of full of gravel. Jewel cases are for wimps; you
know what I'm talking about.

   Yes I do, your software is for schmucks.

Unfortunately, cdda2wav and readcdda cannot work properly with a large
number of CDROM drives in the desktop world today. The most common
problem is sporadic or regular clicks and pops in the read sample,
regardless of 'nsector' or 'overlap' settings.

listening to "drifting" by jimi hendrix. Zero funny noises.

  Cdda2wav also cannot do anything about scratches (and they can cause
cdda2wav to break). Cdparanoia is also smarter about probing CDDA
support from SCSI and IDE-SCSI drives; many drives that do not work at
all with cdda2wav, readcdda, tosha, etc, will work just fine with
cdparanoia.

Of course if your player works fine and you don't hear any noises then
you're just paranoid.