[G4] iTunes

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Mon Jun 14 19:44:22 PDT 2004

On Monday, Jun 14, 2004, at 21:06 Canada/Eastern, Robert Hazelrigg
wrote:

> It's the file format you MP3 Files where encrypted in. the newer
> version of itunes is ripping your songs in a format that the OS9
> version of iTunes doesn't read. Such as MP4 or OCG. [...]

Typos?

This is not quite accurate. iTunes 2 (or was 3 the last one for Mac OS
9 -- I don't remember) can play MP3 files encoded (_not_ encrypted) in
iTunes 4; however, only iTunes 4 or later can play files encoded in AAC
(which is the same thing as M4A). Moreover, files downloaded from the
iTunes Music Store are copyright-protected, and can only be played on
authorized computers. See Apple KB articles ID 93071 and 150345.

<0x0192>