[G4] screen grab and fonts

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Wed Jun 16 23:17:54 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, Jun 16, 2004, at 22:22 Canada/Eastern, Poyom Riles wrote:

> I got two fonts from a friend of a friend (most likely a windows
> user). They came as a folder named with the name of the font. Inside
> the folder are a lot of files (file type unix executable, file size
> 0kb). One file is 4kb.

If they were fonts to begin with, then they were Mac fonts, and they
were copied to a volume or via a protocol which doesn't support
resource forks and HFS+ metadata (for a lengthy explanation, see
<http://discussions.info.apple.com/
WebX?128 at 211.xQRXay0GoBe.131349@.68947ac6>). Consequently, they were
shredded, and right now they're garbage. You can't do anything with
them.

Ask the friend of a friend to compress (StuffIt, Zip) and/or encode
(BinHex) on the Mac the original files and send you the .sit, .zip, or
.hqx files.

<0x0192>