Safari hanging shortly while bookmarking

Shaene shaene at wirefire.com
Fri Jun 18 14:54:32 PDT 2004

Has anyone had any issues with Safari when bookmarking a site?  Often,
Safari will hang for a few moments when I add a bookmark.  This happens
mostly when there's a custom web icon, but it's happened when the
default icon is used, too.  It's happened on fast and slow connections
to the Internet, which cancels the idea that Safari's waiting for the
web icon to download.  At first, I repaired permissions and did some
various other housecleaning, but this is happening on other Macs, too.

Safari version: 1.2.2
OS: Mac OS X.3.4

Cheers,
Shaene