OS 10.2.8 Update

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 23 21:40:46 PDT 2004

Just a little confused about what to update when and how.

I am at OS 10.2.

I want to update to OS 10.2.8.

I went to
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxupdate_10_2_8.html
and downloaded the 10.2.8 update. It took two hours - not too bad. But
it said I
needed 10.2.6 before installing this.

So I checked the page for 10.2.6 and it said I needed 10.2.5. I tried
to see what
the prerequisite for 10.2.5 was but felt discouraged and clueless.

Then I went to System Preferences->Software Update and it said "Last
Check:
Software Update ran successfully. Thursday, June 24, 2004." But I look
at About
This Computer and it still says I have 10.2 only. So what did it do
just now? Just
look and say what it thinks I should download?

When I select "Check Now" it wants to install Max OS X Update Combined
10.2.8.
That's a 100 MB download. I guess I didn't just download this? What did
I download
above? That was 40 MB and took two hours. If I click for the Combined
Update, do
I need to download for a couple more hours?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75421 seems to say the
Combined
Update can install over 10.2.

Any ideas?