[G4] was running word on osX .. now eudora

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 28 07:49:12 PDT 2004

     hec wrote:

>thank you all for your tips for working with word X.  now i am doing
>my work in os 10.2.8 and i have a new difficulty.  i use eudora 6.1
>as my mail application and it installed into os x properly except it
>doesn't recognize the domain name of my server (a cable connection).
>all the settings are the same as the ones in the 0s 9.2.2  what could
>the problem be?  my browers all work properly.

     It might be worth taking a look at the Network preference panel,
and seeing if you have anything entered in the Configure... -> "DNS
Servers" [sic] space. Do other network utilities (e.g. Safari) work
OK in 10.2.8? If not, you might want to use another Domain Name
Server.

     Sorry, but without more details, it's hard to be more specific.

						Joe Gurman

--
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                          - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA