[G4] Palm OS 4.1

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 1 11:24:37 PST 2004

At 12:09 AM -0400 10/23/03, John Wilson wrote:
>Hi Anne (love that "earthpigz" thing). I'm using Palm OS 4.1 on my MDD,
>both with OS X (10.2.8) and OS 9.2 with my Sony Clie. Works fine. I
>also use Palm OS 4.1 on the PDA. Have you followed the instructions for
>upgrading on the Palm website? John

Hi, John -

It's been awhile since you wrote, and I've just been using
the PDA by itself, sometimes backing up on the laptop. But
that's very inconvenient, so maybe I should try again to
get it working on the tower.

Just a question:

Originally, I had Palm 2.6.3 desktop software on both tower (running
OSX.2) and laptop (running 9.1) with PDA software at version 4.0.

When I upgraded the tower to 4.1 the PDA would no longer sync
with it. When I de-installed, 2.6.3 would no longer sync. When I
tried to reinstall 2.6.3, it would not complete the install. I d/l the
software from their site and followed directions carefully, and it would
not install either.

I suppose I should upgrade the Palm to 4.1, but if this does not
work, can I use the PDA at 4.1 with the laptop still at 2.6.3? Or
will I be stuck?

It's getting cumbersome to use right now without the software
on the desktop, I'm missing appointments, etc. so I guess I should
try to straighten it out. Do wish I could call Palm but they will
stick me with a $25 bill before I even start - that's just to call
them. Yikes.

Maybe I should get a Sony Clie next time!

Many thanks for any ideas you may have!

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com