[G4] Wake from sleep problem

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Tue Mar 2 07:40:41 PST 2004

On Tuesday, Mar 2, 2004, at 10:11 Canada/Eastern, Anthony Yeo wrote:

> I have a MDD 2003 1.25 G4 with 10.2.8
>
> When I woke it from sleep the other day, it came up with a message in
> about 5 languages stating I had to restart my computer. [...]

Kernel panic. For details, see Apple KB article ID 106227.

It usually (but not necessarily) indicates a hardware problem. If
you're experiencing it only upon waking from sleep, it may be caused by
a third-party device (USB hub, FireWire drive, PCI card, etc.) which
doesn't support sleep correctly. Have you added any such peripherals
lately?