[G4] Dual Booting

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Tue Mar 2 20:26:48 PST 2004

The current dual-boot machines are earlier versions of the motherboard
and do not include FireWire 800 ports that the OS X-only MDDs have.
When Apple introduced new motherboards they did not go back and spend
money on OS 9 boot compatibility. The OS 9 bootable machines with older
motherboards were introduced after the G5s came out. I have booted into
OS 9 only once to do disk repair with an old version of Norton. I have
yet to find an application that will not run just fine in Classic. That
said, I'm down to only one application that I run in Classic. My
migration is almost complete.
Mel

"They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more
complicated than that."
  ~Gardner Dickinson