Wake from Sleep

Bill Metcalfe billmet at speakeasy.net
Wed Mar 3 19:29:59 PST 2004

Recently, I have acquired a similar problem.
  I have an G4 AGP that I converted from 400 to 800. I added an
additional internal HD shortly there after. The New HD was
partitioned into OS 9 and OS X.2. All of this was months ago.
Several times in the past month I have noticed an odd phenomena. The
machine will not sleep. I have had teenagers living in the same
house. The lack of sleep does not seem to affect either. If I remove
myself from the machine for a while, the inhouse screen saver comes
on. If I then push any key, my desktop is restored, but, if I were to
brush my fingers over the keyboard, touching several keys in
succession, I also would be greeted with a message in 5 languages
(which I hope is the same in all of the languages) and a dire warning
that I must restart the machine. In fact, there is no option, the
Computer must be restarted.  Other that this idiomatic gesture, I
have noticed nothing unusual about the machine.