Mac G4 AGP Audio Output?

Richard Kriss kriss at qsl.net
Fri Mar 5 05:33:01 PST 2004

I am having fits with the audio output from my Mac G4.  I purchased a
SignaLink SL-1+ sound card (PC term) interface box and the G4 does not seem
to have sufficient sound output to drive the device. If it detects a signal,
it should key the PTT line to my Kenwood TS-570 ham rig.

I know the software (DarwinPSK) works because I can her the sound on the
Mac's internal speaker. The problem is when something is plugged into the
speaker output jack on the back of the Mac.  I am using the  vendor provided
3.5 mm stereo cable (same plug on both ends) and it looks like the same plug
that I have used with powered external speakers to the G4

Any suggestions?

Dick, AA5VU