QuarkXpress 5 on Panther

Rav Norodom rnorodom at snet.net
Fri Mar 5 18:07:39 PST 2004

Hi all,

I had been using QuarkXpress 4.11 on Classic mode from Panther for the
past few months. Everything works fine except when spooling to laser
printer---it takes twice the amount of time to spool than in OS 9. I am
thinking of upgrading to QuarkXpress 5.0 (not the latest 6.1). The
reason is most of my co-workers are still using QuarkXpress 4.11 on OS
9. I know 5.0 can save document as 4.0 and 6.1 can only save document
as low as 5.0.

InDesign is not an option at this time---too time consuming for every
employee to relearn new tools plus the time to convert hundred of pages
of complex Quark documents to InDesign is not what my boss is looking
for.

Anyone has any experience using QuarkXpress 5.0 on Panther? I am
looking for a feedback before deciding to purchase the upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Rav