[G4] Apple Mail problem

Linda Hutcheson graphicsone at columbus.rr.com
Sat Mar 6 14:02:18 PST 2004

On Mar 6, 2004, at 11:36 AM, Glenn Hoffman wrote:

> Yes, Mail.app is buggy. As for whether it is time to find another mail
> application, that depends on your patience.

I was beginning to suspect this since sometimes it only partially
'draws' the email. I am considering trying another application. I
really liked Netscape mail, don't like Outlook Express and have never
tried Eudora. Those are the only ones I'm familiar with.

> 3) Now if you find that it is downloading 0 messages every time (not 3
> or 4), you should go to the mail server you are getting your mail from
> and find out what message is clogging up the works in Mail.app. Delete
> that message. Try Mail.app again.  If the problem is like mine was, it
> is one of the PayPal spam/trojans.  The shareware application Mail
> Siphon can help here if you don't already have a way to get to the
> mail server.

THAT'S IT! apparently there was an email on the server that was the
cause of the problem. I deleted everything off the site and mail was
happy again.

thanks for the help.

Linda