[G4] QuarkXpress 5 on Panther

Rav Norodom rnorodom at snet.net
Thu Mar 11 19:16:36 PST 2004

FYI (in case anyone wants to know):

- QuarkXpress 5.0 is not OSX native

-IP printing prints faster but requires PostScript encoder on the
server end, otherwise it gets PostScript error message.

-To make QuarkXpress 4.11 print faster on Classic mode, PrinterMonitor
and PrintSpool needed to be installed in Classic extension. In this
way, when Quark spools, it doesn't have to encode PostScript at the
same time it spools. It will let PrintMonitor does the encoding part
and send it to the server---just like in OS 9

Rav